Hello lovely bookish friends,
So one of my favourite things about the bookish community is the amount of merchandise there is available! If you’ve read a book, there is most likely merch available for it! And if there isn’t, there are so many talented people out there and they will quite often be happy to make you custom merch! Like, does it get better than this? I don’t think so!
However I do think the funnest way to get bookish merch is through book subscription boxes. I have a few subscriptions with a few different boxes. What are bookish subscription boxes? They are Christmas presents you get every month!! The box contains a new release hardcover book – usually with a signed bookplate and letter from the author. There’s also approximately 5-6 other bookish goodies included as well, all of them based on the theme of the box.
And this post is about the December ‘Timeless’ box from Shelflove Crate. Shelflove was the first box I subscribed to back in October, and I’ve received some pretttty amazing stuff so far! But anyway – let’s talk about Timeless! As the main book involves time as a currency, all the items included are somehow based around time.
What was included:
- A Time Turner necklace – from Harry Potter. I can’t describe my excitement when I found out I now had a Time Turner!
- A ‘Sassenach’ soap – from Outlander. This gorgeous soap was created by Behind the Pages and smells absolutely divine.
- A Miss Peregrine print – from Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. This is a gorgeous print and I love the coloring in it, from @evegola.
- A Time is Money magnet. This is already on our fridge at home 🙊😊 and was designed by the Shelflove team!
- An ‘All Magic Comes With A Price Dearie’ pillowcase – from the one and only Rumplestiltskin in Once Upon A Time. Ahh I love this quote so much and the design of this pillowcase is so lovely! Thanks for the lovely @MissPhi
- Not pictured – because I was already using it – is a gorgeous reading journal designed specifically and exclusively for this box by the super talented @stellabookishart
- A gorgeously designed hourglass postcard designed by Tithi Luadthong.
- The spoiler card for the month, also containing next months theme ‘Royal Pains’.
- The book for the month – ‘Everless’. I have started this book and it’s sounding really positive so far! Here’s the blurb:
In the kingdom of Sempera, time is currency—extracted from blood, bound to iron, and consumed to add time to one’s own lifespan. The rich aristocracy, like the Gerlings, tax the poor to the hilt, extending their own lives by centuries.No one resents the Gerlings more than Jules Ember. A decade ago, she and her father were servants at Everless, the Gerlings’ palatial estate, until a fateful accident forced them to flee in the dead of night. When Jules discovers that her father is dying, she knows that she must return to Everless to earn more time for him before she loses him forever.But going back to Everless brings more danger—and temptation—than Jules could have ever imagined. Soon she’s caught in a tangle of violent secrets and finds her heart torn between two people she thought she’d never see again. Her decisions have the power to change her fate—and the fate of time itself. So I’m definitely intrigued by where this story may go!
I definitely recommend that if you enjoy getting ‘presents’, and like YA fantasy, that you take a look at the book boxes that are available! Because there are so many amazing ones available! Also, I’m writing this as my family drives out west to spend the rest of our Australia Day long weekend at a farm. I love this country (and I love long weekends!!)
So enjoy your weekend my loves!